While speaking with a premier New Jersey floral designer, I was captivated by her stories about the painstaking effort thatRead More
You look beautiful every day (duh!)…but your wedding day? That’s on a whole new level of gorgeousness.
On the most important day of your life, looking and feeling fabulous is an absolute necessity. There are people to see, pictures to take, and of course it’s the first day your hunny will be able to call you his wife. It’s more than just looking great; it’s feeling great at those special moments that really matters.
In order to achieve this level of supreme bridal beauty, it’s important to prepare. The experts at Anthony Vincent Salon gave us these 10 tips for achieving flawlessness before and on your big day! Print them out or PIN them as your beauty checklist!
1. Make sure you do a hair and makeup trial prior to your big day to ensure that everyone is prepared and you look exactly as you envisioned. You don’t want last minute surprises ruining your special day.
2. Two days prior to saying “I do,” make sure you exfoliate your skin to remove any rough patches. You want to have a smooth canvas for your makeup artist to work on.
3. Moisturize and hydrate to maintain a healthy glow. Using a water bottle with a squeeze top helps you drink much more water, much more often. Your skin will thank you!
4. DO NOT WASH YOUR HAIR the day of your wedding! If your hair is squeaky clean, it will slip and fall.
5. Eat very carefully. A mild and healthy cuisine will keep you feeling strong and happy. Stay away from starchy food as much as possible, and keep in mind that if it’s crunchy it’s bad for you (unless it’s a fresh vegetable or fruit). Also, avoid sodium so you don’t swell up. When you feel good, you look good!
6. Choose individual eye lash extensions. Your eyes will POP and they’ll last through your honeymoon too.
7. Manicure, Manicure, Manicure! Fingers should always look PRETTY, especially when he puts a ring on it. Don’t forget the pedicure too!
8. Stay out of the sun. If you want a healthy glow, opt for a spray tan or bronzing cream. You will get all the benefits of the sun without the dry skin.
9. Get enough sleep. Bags are meant to carry your clothing–not your eyes! If anxiety keeps you awake, though, and your eyes are puffy, a slice of a COLD cucumber on each eye while relaxing for at least fifteen minutes will help in a pinch. Cucumbers have powerful antioxidants and flavinoids that reduce puffiness.
10. SMILE! You’re never fully dressed without one. If you smoke, drink coffee and/or red wine on a regular basis, over the counter whitening strips do wonders for your teeth.
Anthony Vincent Salon is an expert hair and nail salon located in East Windsor, currently celebrating 40 years in business. Their services include haircuts, styling, manicures, pedicures and spa treatments. Anthony has been catering to brides his entire career and even runs a Bridal Beauty Camp that incorporates special workout routines, nutritional counseling and a personal stylist so brides look their best both inside and out for their special day.
For more information on Anthony Vincent Salon, click here.