Wedding Ideas

Need a New Covid Vaccination Card with Married Name?

Posted on January 07, 2022 by New Jersey Bride



While many establishments aren’t closely looking at names on vaccination cards, it makes sense to change your name so that it matches your new legal name. This way you’ll avoid any potential issues.

You can either ask the medical provider who administered your vaccines and/or booster if they’ll give you a new card with your married name. I know that Atlantic Health is providing this for all of their patients.

Or you can request a new card from the New Jersey Department of Health.

Here’s how:

2. Click on “Submit a Request” from the top blue ribbon.
3. Select the topic question “I want to request a copy of my immunization record from NJIIS,” which will open up the help center request form, or ticket.
4. Click on the link “Request a copy of NJIIS Immunization Record,” which will open the IMM-46 form you’ll need to complete.
Upload an image of your photo ID, marriage license and vaccination card and tell them that you got married and want a new card with your married name.
5. Click send, and your request will be processed within 48 business hours. Once confirmed, your immunization record will be mailed to you. They cannot be emailed.
Good luck!!

Related Wedding Ideas