Here, Alexis Wolfer in her new book Radiant Bride (2016: Running Press; $22) gives us some great ideas on how to wear something blue at your wedding:
1. In the lining of your dress, ask your seamstress to sew a small blue ribbon, bow, heart or feather.
2. Embroider your wedding date and/or new monogram on the inside of your dress in blue thread.
3. Have your stylist invisibly secure a blue bobby pin to your hair or look for a hairpin with blue stones and incorporate it in your style.
4. Paint your toenails in a light blue.
5. Wear blue underwear. Just make sure it’s invisible under your dress.
6. Incorporate blue blooms in your bouquet.
7. Sapphires add regal elegance to any wedding gown.
8. Paint the soles of your shoes blue for a subtle pop of color.
9. Have your seamstress swap out a layer of white tulle with a light blue one.
ALEXIS WOLFER is the founder and editor-in-chief of the popular online women’s magazine TheBeautyBean.com as well as a beauty, fashion, and lifestyle expert. Alexis’s unique and effective beauty secrets led Access Hollywood to dub her the “Female Beauty MacGyver” and People Stylewatch to call her “The DIY Beauty Queen.” She is also a certified holistic health coach and the author of The Recipe For Radiance: Discover Beauty’s Best-Kept Secrets In Your Kitchen. She currently lives in Los Angeles.