Most of us know that puppy love is the best love out there. So it’s no surprise that when NJ brides and grooms decide to tie the knot, they’re always looking for fun ways to get their playful pooch in on the wedding day festivities. There are more ways to include your dog in your wedding than one might think, so we compiled a list of the six most creative options, for K9 lovers everywhere!
And P.S.–Before you enlist Fido as your loyal doggy attendant, be sure to go through our Pet-of-Honor checklist, to be sure that he/she is ready!
1. Put them in your engagement/wedding photos. Jenn and Mike Cruickshank had the right idea when they took this playful photo with their best friend.
2. Include them in your registry. Betwixt the registry essentials like glasswear, bedsheets and a cast-iron grill, be sure to throw in a few fun items for your puppy love (may we suggest a brand new collar or lead?)
3. In place of favors, donate to a lovable cause like the animal shelter where you adopted them, or one that is close to your heart. (Like Kathy and Robert Marino did!)
4. Have them trot down the aisle. If they’re well trained and housebroken, of course! Stephanie and Andres Freire had their gorgeous German Shepherd named Mona serve as their flower girl and ring bearer at their HollyHedge Estate wedding.
5. Pay homage to them as a cake topper! (Like Dana and Jack Jaskowski did!) Honestly, does it get any cuter than this?
6. Include some doggy details! Joelle and Frank Speranza named each of their tables for a dog that they owned over the years, with guests matching the pup on their escort cards to the furry face pictured on their table!
Did your puppy-love play a role in your wedding? Tell us about it! Submit your wedding here.