Cake may be the star of the show when it comes to the traditional ceremony, but cake is not whatRead More
Who doesn’t love doughnuts? We can’t think of a better sweet send-off for your guests. This irresistible dessert has been a yummy trend at weddings for a while, and we can see why. Don’t get us wrong, we love formal wedding cake. But there’s something special and extra sweet about wedding doughnuts—the perfect handheld goodie. In addition to the large variety of flavors and toppings, there are countless creative ways to showcase these delicious treats. Here are five decadent ideas for serving this favorite wedding dessert.
Guests will ooh and aah as they choose a treat to satisfy their sweet tooth from a large board with doughnuts hanging on pegs. Many venues offer doughnut walls or you can make your own—monogrammed and in your wedding colors.
Like your favorite holiday ornament, create a display of meticulously frosted doughnuts by hanging them a string. They’ll be ready for your guests to admire and pick their favorite flavor.
Set up a tray at your dessert bar with doughnuts set atop glasses of fresh, cold milk. Fun straws add a customized element.
Guests typically appreciate an edible favor. If you’d like to stray from the usual monogrammed favors (think koozies, bottle openers and coasters), consider opting for a late-night snack to-g0. As a personalized touch, package the fresh baked doughnuts in a monogrammed box.
At your coffee bar, alongside the sugar and cream, include skewered doughnuts or doughnut holes—perfect for dunking. Plus, choose fun skewers that fit your wedding theme or add some personal flair.
Wondering where to order your wedding doughnuts in New Jersey? Here are a few of our favorite local bake shops:
• BroadStreet Dough Co., Oakhurst
• The Dapper Doughnut, Lyndhurst
• Deez Donutz & Boardwalk Fryz Food Truck, Jackson
• Duck Donuts, Green Brook, Middletown, Avalon, Marlton and Clark
• Glaze Donuts, New Milford, West Caldwell, Fort Lee, Nutley and Paramus
• Rabble Rise Doughnuts, Montclair
• My Daughter’s Cakes, Dumont
• Palermo’s Bakery, Ridgefield Park
• Shore Good Donuts, Ship Bottom and Beach Haven
• Top That! Donuts, Point Pleasant Beach
• Uncle Dood’s Donuts, Toms River