Beach, barn, ballroom, DIY? There's so much to choose from!Read More
The day of your daughter’s wedding may just be the best day of your life. Watching her recite vows in front of your closest friends and family is something you’ve dreamed about all your life, and now it’s here! Take a deep breath. It’s going to be a wildly emotional day, and you’re going to want to remember every minute of it.
Event coordinator behind Elegant Occasions and recent mother-of-the-bride JoAnn Gregoli has a few tips for all the loving moms who are currently prepping for their daughter’s big day:
1. Remember to remain calm. No matter what your daughter is freaking out about, you are the voice of reason.
2. Be prepared with tips for bellmen, hair and makeup artists and other personnel who go above and beyond on the big day.
3. Make sure you have a timeline; The planner normally provides this, but be sure to have a copy of the schedule.
4. Have all emergency contact numbers in your phone–just in case.
5. Assign someone to assist with the crowd at the ceremony. The planner will be there to help you, but you must be in control of everyone.
6. Take time to have a private moment with your daughter and give her support and advice.
7. Make up a shot list for the photographer. I remind my brides about this all the time–but still totally forgot when it came time for compiling my own!
8. See the ceremony/reception room and take in all the details before the guests arrive. Marvel at and appreciate what your daughter has created.
9. Eat! Have breakfast with your daughter and make sure you eat something during the reception. It’s easy to forget will all the excitement!
10. Enjoy. Sit back and take it all in. It goes fast.
11. Get off your seat and get out there on the dance floor. And don’t forget to dance with your new son-in-law!
12. Show gratitude to every single person who helped to create the most memorable day of your and your daughter’s life; Send a note or gift to all involved–it makes a world of difference.