Maggie and Bryan are two foodie bloggers (#twodopesfromjersey) making their way through the Garden State and beyond. They JUST got married and are not only sharing their food adventures on their blog, but they’re also sharing their wedding tips with us! Here, they show us how to create an Insta-worthy bridal shower, with images from Maggie’s shower, of course!
When planning a bridal shower for your favorite bride, here are some great tips to keep in mind to capture this special day through your favorite Insta-filters!
- Photo Accessories: Every epic party selfie includes a prop, am I right? Getting some flashy photobooth props and sparkly accessories encourages guests, even the more camera-shy, to strike a pose and jump in on the selfie.Another great prop is the oversized, personalized frames. Mine said, “Maggie’s Bridal Shower” and “Kiss the Miss Goodbye!”. It’s a fun way to get photos with all of your guests and a great momento to include in your thank-you cards. Oversized letter balloons are also trending on Instagram, so why not add some L O V E balloons against a wall to create a picturesque background.
- Glitter is Gold: Any color palette can include glitter, and when it comes to taking photos, glitter pops! Find a color scheme, stick to it and find ways to incorporate glitter throughout your space. Little ribbons around centerpieces, signs and cute accessories are key. Sometimes it’s the minor pin-worthy detail that can make all the difference. We added glittery ribbons around the mason jar center pieces, made some identification signs that were framed with gold glitter and purchased some glittery pre-made decorations.
- #FOODPORN: Like the foodies we are, food is obviously an important aspect of all events. When picking a menu for an Insta-worthy event, there are two things to keep in mind: the quality and taste of the food and the appearance.Obviously you want the food to be tasty, but you also want to serve up some of the #foodporn that everyone loves to shoot!
- Location, Location, Location: Lighting is key for great selfies, food photos and all types of videos. The venue should be picturesque and offer great space to mingle and snap pics, but it should also provide ample amounts of lighting. Make sure you match the vibe of your venue to the color scheme and theme of your event. You want everything to be consistent and flow together seemlesly, so if you’re set on a theme before you pick your venue, keep that in mind while you’re visiting potential spots.
- Quit Playing Games with My Heart: Everyone loves bridal shower games. It’s a great way for guests who haven’t met before to break the ice, and it encourages everyone to join in on the fun. The “Put a Ring on It” game is a fun way to add in some oversized plastic rings to your bridal shower and keep guests entertained throughtout the party. This game has an exceptionally cute little setup and always looks great in photos. And let’s face it, when you’re engaged, everyone loves to talk about the ring! There are a lot of different types of games and whatever games you pick based on the tastes of the bride, you should keep the layout of the game consistent with the theme of the event. This can be as simple as keeping the design consistent with the design from the bridal shower invitation, or opting to buy pre-made games that are consistent with your color palette.