Whoever sets up those dream dates on “The Bachelor” and “The Bachelorette” – the romantic ones, not the ones where they rappel off a building every season! – knows what they’re doing. The candlelit private dinners on the beach, the French courtyard slow-dancing as a musician plays, the shopping sprees. Each of these reality dating show date designs can give you spectacular ideas for your honeymoon, especially if you or your spouse would like to set up an amazing surprise for one another during your romantic getaway.
Here are five ideas for an unforgettable honeymoon:
1. A private beach dinner with couches, pillows and a low-set table covered with an artistic spread of tropical foods. Top resorts like Jumby Bay, a Rosewood Resort in Antigua, will set this up for you and help you create a menu.
2. Take a private swim in a cave. A resort may have access to an underground cavern, lit up from above and showing dramatic stalactites and stalagmites everywhere, with minerals glistening in the rocks. The clear water may also be illuminated from the depths, and the resort can likely arrange a private meal beside the waters. As an alternative, some resorts have taken their caverns and turned them into nightclubs, so perhaps a drink there is in order to take in the scenery, and try a local cocktail.
3. Book a couples’ massage. This is no surprise as a honeymoon offering, but you may want to select a honeymoon spot that has an open-air cabana set for two. Some resorts’ massage rooms only suit one person at a time, and you don’t want to miss out on the experience of getting a duo treatment.
4. Go on a shopping spree. You may not get to walk out of there with $100,000 in jewels and a designer gown like they do on “The Bachelor,” but a stop in town at a fantastic jewelry store with special treatment from the owners when you say you’re honeymooners could get you an affordable charm, or perhaps even a pricier piece of jewelry (just don’t blow all of your honeymoon fun-money when a necklace calls out to you!)
5. Dance in public. You might not be up on an elevated platform while a crowd of people waves glow sticks at you and takes your photo, but if a street performer is putting on a show, grab your partner and have a dance. This is especially fun if it’s a cultural performance, and you join in with the musicians or dancers, being a good (if uncoordinated) sport.
You’ll notice we left off the adrenaline-soaked dates like jumping out of a helicopter or climbing a bridge, since we want you to always keep safety in mind for your honeymoon adventures. Including this: If that hot tub looks even the least bit sketchy, skip it.
Did you do something fabulous on your honeymoon that you just have to share with us? Tell us in the comment box below or write to firstname.lastname@example.org