While speaking with a premier New Jersey floral designer, I was captivated by her stories about the painstaking effort thatRead More
Your bridesmaids help make your wedding, and all the events leading up to it, extra special. Don’t forget to thank them with a gift as exceptional as they are. “It’s really nice to have your bridesmaids leave the wedding with something they’ll have forever,” says Janelle Clegg of Earth Treasures Jewelers in Eatontown. “They’ll think of you and their friendship every time they use it.” Some great ideas:
• Wind & Fire bracelets. These are customizable with a dizzying array of charms representing everything from your love of the Shore to your maids’ Zodiac signs. Added bonus: They’re made from recycled materials, and the company donates a portion of its profits to a variety of charities, allowing you to give back while giving.
• Pearls. Pearls are classic and available in so many colors that they can be customized to coordinate with the wedding palette or with each person’s taste. “A single colored pearl on a beautiful chain makes a wonderful, timeless gift,” says Clegg.
• Personalization. Something personalized is always a great idea. “An initial or monogram necklace is something a woman can wear forever,” says Clegg.
• Watches. Let’s not forget the groomsmen. A watch can make a great gift for the men in your wedding party or as a gift to the groom. “A good quality watch can last a lifetime, and is often the only jewelry, beyond a wedding band, that a man wears every day,” says Clegg. With many brands to choose from, you can find one to fit any style and budget.
• Cufflinks. Another great groomsman gift. They can be personalized with initials or with a gemstone to match the theme of your wedding.