Having a fall wedding? You’re among the luckiest of wedding couples, since the flavors of fall add so much cozy warmth to a wedding menu…and when it comes to choosing your fall wedding dessert menu, you’ll surely delight your guests with sweets and treats that elevate fall flavors with rich, amazing textures…the one-two punch that makes a wedding dessert menu stand out.
Here are the top new trends in fall wedding desserts:
1. Spoonables. Think custard, crème brulee, chocolate mousse, butterscotch pudding – dreamy, creamy goodness made even better with the crunch of chocolate chips and other toppers.
2. Mini pies: Pies are still on trend for wedding desserts, with mini portions letting guests choose one or more mini apple pies, pumpkin pies, cherry pies, and more.
3. Midwest Flair: There’s a new bow to the Midwest with homey choices like apple cobbler and bar cookies.
4. Gourmet Muffins: Add to full-sized muffins (wedding bakers say guests love the larger ones over the minis!) combinations of streusel and chocolate bits, apple and pumpkin, and other flavor profiles.
5. Creative Crepes: Fill light crepes with apple or cherry pie filling.
6. Desserts for Two: Guests are hand-served oversized plates of cake or pie slices, with generous ice cream scoops, a slice of almond cake, and fresh fruits, with swirls of sauces and whipped cream, to dig into together.
7. Layers. A multi-layer chocolate cake slice is indulgent and artistry.
8. Toffee pudding: A rich, warm toffee pudding is something guests don’t often make for themselves, so this and a classic bread pudding join the top dessert trends list.
10. Mini pastries. A NJ wedding just has to have these!