If you’ve recently said YES…congratulations! During this exciting time in your life, you’re bound to have a million and one questions about how to begin the wedding planning process. It’s easy to get overwhelmed and downright confused about what comes first, next and last. So to give you a little helping hand, wedding planner extraordinaire Jo Ann Gregoli of Elegant Occasions wrote these killer tips for what-comes-next.
1. Establish realistic wedding budget.
2. Draw up a guest list.
3. Set up a separate wedding checking account to help control the funds.
4. Hire a wedding planner. This is essential for a tented or destination wedding (and make sure the planner is well versed in the type of wedding you are planning.)
5. Start to conduct a site search (this is the most difficult part of the planning process.)
6. Set boundaries with the families and keep those who are financing the event informed of your decisions.
7. Discuss the type of ceremony you want. If you and your partner are from two different religious backgrounds, discuss how to integrate both religions into the ceremony.
8. Start to establish your bridal party (discuss the size of the wedding party with your fiance beforehand.)
9. Personalize the wedding: Discuss family heritages and family traditions to be incorporated into the wedding.
10. Discuss the style and type of wedding that both of you envisioned; this will help with the decision making process.