While speaking with a premier New Jersey floral designer, I was captivated by her stories about the painstaking effort thatRead More
New Jersey wedding planner JoAnn Gregoli of Elegant Occasions has countless experience planning weddings for celebrities, so I asked her to fill us in on what celebrity brides always want. Here’s her insider info to help bring out your inner Kim Ye! You may even be surprised about how practical some of these celebrity must-haves are!
1. Fabulous Florals: The look of the event is essential to celebrity brides, so the more over the top the better. They want the flowers to create an environment of romance. Celebrities
live in a fantasy world so the flowers have to be part of that fantasy on their wedding day.
2. Be Unique: The celebrity bride wants the design team to think outside the box and give them
elements that have not been done before, like the Kanye and Kim marble custom-engraved tables above. (Instead of using traditional place cards, Kim Ye had marble tables custom engraved!!) The more unique the idea, the more publicity the event will get.
3. Memorable Elements. They all want to have a memorable wedding, from renting
carnival rides to hanging cakes upside down—whatever is going to make their wedding memorable.
4. Great Lighting. Lighting, lighting, lighting is key. These people know that great lighting makes them look good in movies and on TV, so lighting is a critical element that has to be incorporated into ALL of their events. Lighting will take a space from ordinary and make it extraordinary. Never underestimate the power of lighting.
5. Flawless Photography. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. In the world of celebrities, the pictures can be worth millions to the couple. Make sure the photographer captures those moments. You will never ever see a celebrity wedding hire a family friend shoot their wedding. They go for the paparazzi-style photography. They want the shots but want the images to look effortless.