If you haven’t heard of the glamping trend lately, you’ve definitely been hiding under a rock. Glamping is a new type of travel: glamorous camping. Love the outdoors, but don’t want to pitch a tent? Like the mesmerizing sound of a crackling brook or waterfall, but don’t want to sleep on the ground? Love the smell of a campfire, but don’t want to eat burgers and beans? Well, you’d love glamping. With glamping, you get to experience the great outdoors from a tent, yurt, teepee, treehouse, cabin, Airstream, etc., without sacrificing luxury.
And the trend of glamping has now carried over to weddings. While we don’t quite recommend that your guests pitch tents and sleep over at your wedding venue, the theme of glamping can be a fun one. JoAnn Gregoli of Elegant Occasions
in Denville, helped us out with specific details that can turn your ordinary wedding into a glamping wedding, with a luxurious camping theme. Here are some of her must-haves for your New Jersey glamping wedding:
1. Tents with chandliers and carpets.
2. Teepees to support food stations.
3. Smores stations.
4. Chefs preparing open-fire foods.
5. Dream.catchers as escort cards.
6. Mess hall–style seating with chandeliers over every table.
7. Melamine dinnerware.
8. Pizza ovens in the woods.
9. Spiked ice pops.
10. Wedding cakes made from Rice Krispies.
11. Blankets and picnic baskets filled for the after-party.