Beach, barn, ballroom, DIY? There's so much to choose from!Read More
There’s truly no need to travel to The Caribbean or Florida for or your destination beach wedding when we’ve got the magnificent Jersey Shore in our own backyard. And with venues ranging from casual and fun to elegant and formal, you’ll truly find the perfect setting for your Jersey beach wedding. Here’s a list of 18 locations where you can get married on the beach:
1. Avenue, Long Branch. This chic, contemporary beachfront venue offers so much for your wedding—private cabanas during the day for the bride and her bridal party, a rooftop deck for cocktails or dinner, ceremonies on the beach, an elegant dining room and an afterhours club for your guests to party long into the night. Avenue is one of our favorite Jersey Shore spots for a beach wedding.
2. Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel, Asbury Park; This historic grand Beaux Arts hotel offers the best of both worlds. Their grand ballrooms with gorgeous architecture are just steps from the beach and all the fun that Asbury Park has to offer. Get married on the beach or on their brand-new rooftop deck that overlooks the ocean and town. And there’s the added bonus of the Berkeley Oceanfront offering 238 rooms for your guests.
3. The Breakers on the Ocean, Spring Lake; Spring Lake’s only oceanfront hotel offers ceremonies on this historic seashore Victorian inn’s front porch or arrange your wedding beach across the street. Their wedding specialists will help you plan the perfect beach wedding day, and guests can stay in one of the 70 rooms.
4. McLoone’s Pier House, Long Branch. Get married on the beach and then host your reception inside the Pier House, with spectacular views of the ocean through the panoramic windows from every seat. McLoone’s Pier House is located in the heart of Pier Village and is a popular beach wedding venue.
5. Ocean Place Resort and Spa, Long Branch. You have a variety of really fun options at Ocean Place, depending on whether you’re envisioning an elegant formal affair or a barefoot ceremony in the sand with a casual beachfront barbecue afterward. And size is not a problem, with events ranging from 20 on the boardwalk and 200 on the outdoor Great Lawn to 800 in an indoor ballroom or 1,000 on the beach. They specialize in Kosher and Indian weddings. And be sure to ask about their bonfire and s’mores under the stars.
6. Tim McLoone’s Supper Club, Asbury Park. Reminiscent of a 1930s and 1940s New York City supper club, this nontraditional oceanfront setting is located above McLoone’s Asbury Grille on the newly renovated boardwalk in Asbury Park.
7. Windows on the Water, Sea Bright. This 7,000 square-foot venue boasts the only private beach in the area, so you can say “I do” without the local lady in the thong lurking nearby. The entire wedding—ceremony, cocktail hour and reception—can be held on the beach, while the Empress Ballroom offers an elegant space for your reception, with gorgeous panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean. In addition, the outdoor deck can be glass-enclosed and temperature-controlled during inclement weather. There is only one wedding held here at a time, so the beach will be all yours.
8. The Arlington, Ship Bottom. The Arlington offers rustic seashore décor that’s steps to the beach. It’s perfect for small weddings, rehearsals, brunches and showers.
9. Bonnet Island Estate, Manahawkin. Host your elegant beach wedding on this private coastal island with a boathouse chapel and absolutely gorgeous décor.
10. Daymark Bar & Restaurant, Barnegat Light. Have a beach ceremony steps away from the lighthouse. The rustic Daymark has panoramic views of the bay.
11. The Stateroom on Long Beach Island, Ship Bottom. Accommodating up to 275 guests, this LBI venue is located just three blocks from the beach. Get married in the sand, and then have your elegant reception back at the Stateroom.
12. The Boat House, Beach Haven. This casual waterfront restaurant on LBI, with amazing sunset views, becomes a rustic yet beautiful wedding reception site in the spring and fall. Get married on the sand, then bring the party back to the Boat House.
13. Brant Beach Yacht Club, Brant Beach. There are sweeping bay views, a wrap-around deck and casual banquet room that are perfect for a beach wedding, since the yacht club is an easy walk from your ceremony in the sand.
14. One Atlantic, Atlantic City. Get married on the beach or in the only over-the-ocean venue in the area. You have unparalleled views of the ocean, beach and boardwalk through its floor-to-ceiling windows. This unique location provides the natural beauty of a beach wedding regardless of the season or weather.
15. The Reeds at Shelter Haven, Stone Harbor. The Reeds is a boutique hotel overlooking the bay, and is the perfect spot for couples who want a true indoor/outdoor wedding. Brides and grooms can say “I do” on the Roof Garden Sundeck, surrounded by beautiful water views, and then move the reception into the Sweet Grass Ballroom. This open-air room, which can hold up to 220 guests, features wall-to-wall sliding glass that opens up to the outdoor veranda so guests can move freely between the indoors and outdoors. There are 37 guest rooms, and the venue offers motorcars to the nearby beach, with beach tags, towels, chairs and umbrellas complimentary.
16. Congress Hall, Cape May. As America’s oldest seaside resort, Congress Hall has hosted memorable weddings for more than 100 years. Located in the heart of Cape May’s historic district, this resort overlooks the area’s beaches, as well as an impressive grand lawn for outdoor ceremonies and a ballroom for an elegant reception. You can also get married on the nearby beach.
17. The Grand Hotel, Cape May. The Grand Hotel offers panoramic ocean views of Cape May Beach, where you can have a beach ceremony. Or get married on the oceanfront wedding veranda or inside in the formal ballroom. The Grand Hotel also offers 172 rooms for your guests.
FOR MORE BEACH LOCATIONS, CLICK HERE.