Now that you’re engaged, it’s time to start the wedding planning process. This is an exciting time, where the wedding you’ve always dreamed of will slowly start to come to life. However, if you’re like most newly engaged couples– you may have never planned something like this before. That’s where we step in!
With the help of professionals, and some awesome wedding planning websites (*wink, wink*), you’ll be able to plan your wedding with ease. Thanks to JoAnn Gregoli of Elegant Occasions, we have some helpful tips on how to avoid any wedding planning pitfalls.
1. Hire professionals who carry liability insurance.
2. Ask to see images of past weddings .
3. Make sure flowers you are requesting are seasonal, avoid high season for roses like Valentines Day.
4. Make sure the band or DJ plays continuous music, never go with NON-continuous.
5. Ask what the vendors will be wearing – never assume they will come dressed property (be specific) .
6. When booking a venue, ask how much time your design team can get to set up (if you have an elaborate set up and there is no time, you will miss out on what you paid for).
7. Make sure there are no hidden charges, like bartender fees, cake cutting fees that you did not know about up front .
8. Have your wedding planner REVIEW all contracts – they can pick up items that you never would even consider, ie: overtime, limited hours, hidden fees.
9. Ask about the overtime charges before the night of the wedding. If you are running late, you can get hit with charges from ALL vendors .
10. Never ASSUME anything is included, ask.