While speaking with a premier New Jersey floral designer, I was captivated by her stories about the painstaking effort thatRead More
Ever since the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy was released, brides everywhere are being introduced to some seriously hot scenarios–in more places than just the bedroom. The bridal shower, for one, has always been a staple of NJ weddings…but since Fifty, it’s no longer limited to Bellinis and hats made of ribbon.
Super sexy, ultra-chic bridal showers are in, and we predict they’re here to stay. That’s why Penny Glazier of Westminster Hotel Weddings gave us 8 ways to add provocative–yet understated–elements to your bridal shower or bachelorette party. And we promise, this Fifty Shades of Grey-inspired evening won’t make your mother-in-law feel unwelcome!
1. Book a sexy setting: “Strip House at the Westminster Hotel plays to the double entendre of its name.” Says Penny Glazier of Westminster Weddings team. Red walls, red channeled leather, velvet couches, gilt ironwork cocktail tables and black and white photos adorn the walls…sound vaguely familiar? Westminster’s very own Red Room of Pain has a sensual environment that’s still pure class. FYI: the original versions of the photos were deemed too racy when Strip house first opened, and they had to tone them down a bit!
2. Serve menu items from the book: Enjoy oysters with mignonette sauce (just like the ones that Ana and Christian ate in the movie) as well as chicken and noodles, Spanish omeletes, lemon and garlic marinated steak, and roasted salmon with cucumber sour cream (all food selections featured in the trilogy). Penny adds, “A rib or pork roast is tied up in its presentation, suiting the theme of Fifty Shades of Grey.”
3. Get Fifty Shades Darker for dessert: nosh on individual chocolate cakes–like the one Ana bakes for Christian’s birthday.
4. “Aim To Please” with Teas: Strip House at Westminster has a line of ‘Strip Teas’ that are deliciously flavored–and can be spiked with liquor if you choose.
5. Play with words: Create a signature cocktail with a name that ties into the Fifty Shades theme–like Submissive Sangria or an Inner Goddess.
6. Put it in writing: Include your favorite quotes from the book on the invitations, signage and décor, like these:
“You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince”
“There’s a very fine line between pleasure and pain. They are two sides of the same coin, one not existing without the other.”
“I want my world to start and end with you.”
7. Get creative with props: Use a black lace/fishnet motif on the invitations and tablescapes. These Luxe Lace invitations are from Wedding Paper Divas.
8. Give a little something sweet: Give out dark chocolate handcuffs as a favor. Include a tag that says, “Laters, baby.”
What was the theme of your bridal shower or bachelorette party? Did you invite family members, or strictly your closest girlfriends? Tell us all about it in the comment box bellow or write to email@example.com