Beach, barn, ballroom, DIY? There's so much to choose from!Read More
Although you have a long list of things to accomplish before your wedding day, remember to take the time to choose the right makeup professional. “Each makeup artist has a distinct style, so work with someone who shares your vision,” says Maria Pecoraro of Makeup Naturally in Summit). “Your wedding-day look will depend on how your makeup is applied and what color palette you choose,” she says. “For spring brides, I always go with dewy, luminous skin in a natural palette, bronzy-gold to accent eyes and shades of pink for lips.” Pecoraro prefers to use a pink that’s very close to the bride’s natural lip. Here are a few of her tried-and-true tips:
1. Carefully select a makeup professional based on references, testimonials and actual photographs.
2. Resist the temptation to be trendy. Always choose a classic style.
3. Be specific about what you like and don’t like. Pull images from magazines like New Jersey Bride.
4. Be realistic. Light-skinned blondes can’t mirror Kim Kardashian’s look. And brunettes can’t pull off Cameron Diaz.
5. Consult with your artist several weeks before your wedding so that, together, you can assess your skin and agree on a color palette. “Every bride has different taste, but each bride’s final objective is the same: to be fresh and flawless—to look like yourself, only better,” says Pecoraro.
Found your perfect wedding makeup artist? Share the love with us! We love to add new makeup professionals to our list of go-tos for New Jersey Brides! Comment below.