Beach, barn, ballroom, DIY? There's so much to choose from!Read More
Ever wonder what to include in a wedding invitation suite? There’s so much more to it than just the invitation, reply card and envelopes. Here, with the help of Patricia Gibbons, owner of the Little Black Dress Paperie in Morristown, we’re going to explain every detail.
1. Invitation. The invitation itself lists all of the important details for the big day—the couple’s names, the date of the ceremony, the time and the ceremony location. Gibbons recommends that you mail out the invitations four to eight weeks prior to your wedding date. Wording can be completely customized when you are ordering your wedding invitations during your customization process. The Little Black Dress Paperie also has sample wording options that can help guide you.
2. Belly band. In many custom collections, a belly band, such as the silver glittered, monogrammed band above, is used to bundle together your suite items. This optional band can be customized or added to any collection.
3. Response card and envelope. When including a response card, Gibbons recommends that you affix a stamp for your guests’ convenience. This is the card that your guests will mail back to you, indicating who is attending as well as their meal choices (if applicable). Your return address can also be printed on the back-flap of the response envelope for added convenience.
4. Reception card. A potential enclosure option is the reception card. If your ceremony is at a different venue than your reception, you will want to use this enclosure to note the reception address and start time.
5. Accommodations card. Rooms can book up fast, so it’s nice to give your guests instructions on the best places to stay as well when guests should book by. This can be useful for out-of-town guests.
6. Directions card. Don’t leave guests to their own devices or Google maps when it comes to getting to your wedding on time. By listing the directions to your venue, your guests will have no trouble and travelers will appreciate the reference.
7. Wedding website. If you have created a website to help your guests learn more about your wedding, list the website URL on an enclosure card.
8. Other options. Other enclosure cards include attire, pre- or post-wedding activities, brunch, weekend activities or rehearsal dinner details to name a few.