Each wedding season brings with it a handful of new trends and details. Wedding expert JoAnn Gregoli of Elegant Occasions shared with us 9 wedding trends to look forward to this year. Are you incorporating any of these into your wedding? Let us know!
1. Vintage cars. What better way to arrive at your ceremony or wedding reception than in a classic vintage car. Bentleys and Rolls-Royces are perfect for formal ballroom venues such as the Crystal Plaza in Livingston. Or you may want to consider a convertible vintage Porsche or Mercedes-Benz if your event is held down the Shore.
2. Tufted couches. Rent some of these fun couches and use at the bride and groom’s table. Or strategically position them around the room in order to provide more comfy seating options for your guests. These couches not only add physical comfort but also add a visual element to the entire look of your event. They can be arranged either through your reception venue or through a local rental company.
3. Mixed vintage glassware, coordinating with color palettes. Here, the crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceiling of the Crystal Plaza’s historic mansion are the perfect complement to the votives and glass-footed pedestal centerpieces at Karina and Kenneth’s gorgeous ballroom wedding.
4. Patterned linens. An easy way to break up a monochromatic table is with patterned tablecloths or napkins. It’s simple yet adds a punch of color or texture. Your reception hall will have access to a variety of linens or you can consult your local party-rental company.
5. Unique bars. Everyone hangs out at the bar, so you might as well make it fun and a reflection of your personalities. Consider offering New Jersey craft beers, high-end California wines or hard-to-find whiskeys as a special treat for your guests.
6. Mirrors. Instead of the ubiquitous chalkboards found at EVERY wedding these days, switch it up and add a bit of sophistication at the same time with mirrors. They can be the welcome sign, display your menu, or boldly announce your event hashtag. Anything a chalkboard can do, a mirror can do better!
7. Conveyor-belt food stations. These very cool food presentations are the hot new thing…and can serve up anything your heart—or stomach—desires. Sushi comes to mind, but really anything will be well-received on a conveyor belt—sliders, baby lamb chops, dessert, even signature cocktails.
8. Lighting. This feature is so important in order to convey a certain mood at your reception, and many venues, such as the Crystal Plaza above, offer LED lighting, colored lighting, pinspots, uplighting, gobos, etc. Talk to your event planner about how lighting can transform your space and add customized touches to your wedding.
9. Feathers and crystals. These two details are a hot combo right now at weddings. Talk to your florist or event planner about combining them into the décor of your wedding.