DIY wedding projects don’t always look like a third-grader made them. In fact, some wedding DIYs look downright elegant, especially ultra-trendy paper flowers that have been used as décor at The White House and as a backdrop for Fashion Week runway shows. Here are some paper wedding décor inspirations for you:
1. Paper flowers – oversized as single blooms, or in bunches as a centerpiece bouquet, strung up as vertical garlands, or even as a (super-light) wedding bouquet.
2. Paper lanterns – All in one color or in a bountiful mix of shades, paper lanterns suspended from the trees or from the top of your wedding tent or ballroom ceiling add pops of color and also lighting effects.
3. Paper banners. Strung along the wall, these can be the backdrop for your wedding cake or desserts table, your gift table, your family photos table, or as décor behind your sweetheart table. Paper banners can also be the backdrop for your photo booth.
4. Vintage paper hearts. Make these, or get them on Etsy, to add some elegant vintage flair to your day, with vintage book pages used as your crafting materials. The same can be done with maps for a worldly touch.
5. Paper doilies. Adding a lace effect to your wedding décor.
6. Paper umbrellas. Parasols add such a romantic touch to an outdoor or beach wedding, so stock up on colorful parasols for your guests’ selection and use in the hot summer sun, and add a sign telling guests to pose with them in their own photos.
Did you have a paper decor detail at your wedding that stole the show? Tell us about it in the comment’s below or email our Assistant Editor: email@example.com