Signature Seasonal Cocktails For Your Holiday Wedding
Looking for the perfect signature cocktail for your wedding reception? This list has some great ideas, and they look fabulous,Read More
Here’s one detail to your wedding where you can get creative and have a lot of fun: naming your signature cocktail! Don’t have a signature drink yet? Well, get thinking. You want to have something that can be passed as soon as your guests arrive at the reception. Sure, champagne and prosecco are perfectly acceptable. But why not have a little fun and serve up your favorite libation. An apple-tini perhaps or a summer sangria. There are no rules…other than perhaps picking a drink that’s not too strong and is palatable to a large group. But the most fun part (besides taste-tasting your signature cocktail contenders) is picking a fun name.
1. Your names. Play around with your first and last names. Combine your two names. Or you can even pick two different drinks, one named for the bride , the other named for the groom. The Ben-Jen. The Smith-tini. John on the Rocks. Fiona Fizz. You get the idea.
2. Wedding word play. Incorporate different bridal terms. Instead of the Bloody Mary, serve a Bloody Marry Me. Others include Mai Tai the Knot, Wedding Bell-ini, Ale you Need is Love, Blushing Bride, Sealed with a Kiss, Mint to Be.
3. A special destination. Where you first met, where he proposed, where you’re getting married, where you’re honeymooning. There are many meaningful destinations that can be worked into your signature cocktail name. A Shore-tini. Hoboken Breeze. Hawaii Kiss.
4. Colors. Work your wedding colors into your drinks. The Pink Pony. Something Blue. Tequila Turquoise.
5. Hobbies, sports or activities. Your drink name can showcase your special interests and individual personalities. Yoga-tinis. Met Mojitos. Rum Runners. The best part is that since there are no rules, you can have fun with whatever name you choose. Just be sure to create the proper signage with the name clearly on display…then serve those your signature cocktail proudly!