Lights. Pumping music. Runway models. Hot designers. This all sounds like your typical fashion scene, but it’s actually the sights and sounds of a bridal showcase where you get to hobnob with wedding vendors and other brides-to-be.
You can start planning your wedding and get a sneak peek at wedding trends to come by checking out a bridal showcase—and even pick up a complimentary copy of New Jersey Bride! There’s practically a show every weekend (see our Events calendar for locations near you), which provides a place for brides to meet with a variety of vendors—from bridal consultants, calligraphers and limousine services to mortgage companies and financial advisors.
In this elegantly executed, non-trade-show atmosphere, you can listen to performances by live bands and deejays; nibble on hors d’oeuvres; watch a parade of gowns by top designers in a bridal fashion show; and enter to win a honeymoon giveaway. Walk away with not only a bridal goodie bag, but dozens of wedding ideas swirling in your head.
1. Bring someone else with you, such as your fiancé or maid of honor. You might need a second opinion on some things.
2. Bring a notebook to write down your notes for future reference.
3. Take labels with your name and address already printed on them to enter various drawings.
4. Dress in comfortable clothes and shoes because you will be on your feet all day.
5. Don’t accept any “special” deals for that day only and don’t feel rushed to make decisions right away. Take notes so you can comparison shop and choose the vendors you really want.
Want to go to a bridal show, but not sure when the next one is? Check out these awesome upcoming events!