From your eyebrows to your ankles and everywhere in between, waxing is an essential part of the bridal to-do list. According to Katie Weisman of European Wax Center, here are 5 ways to achieve better, faster results before the big day.
1. Don’t wait—the sooner you get started, the easier it will be. Tell your waxer your wedding date and what you are trying to achieve.
2. Be consistent. Waxing every 3 to 4 weeks is best in the beginning, depending on growth. Facial features may require visits every 2 to 3 weeks. Each service leaves hair growing back thinner and finer.
3. Put the razor down! Don’t make the mistake of shaving in between, which can reverse what you are doing with waxing.
4. Use skincare products specifically made for use with waxing—they help prepare your skin and prolong your results.
5. Wait at least 24 hours after waxing before tanning or working out, which makes you much more susceptible to bumps and breakouts.