Beach, barn, ballroom, DIY? There's so much to choose from!Read More
The holidays are coming…and it’s also engagement season. Chances are there are a few wedding, honeymoon or new home items that you’ve been thinking about but maybe can’t quite convince yourself to splurge on. So add them to your holiday wish list!
Here are 25 great ideas for the bride’s holiday wish list…and we’ve got some items for the groom also!
1. A set of Christmas plates that match the china you’ve registered for.
2. Your first menorah as a couple.
3. Tell family and friends where you’re going on your honeymoon, and tell them they can call ahead and arrange a private candlelight dinner on the beach or sunset sail.
4. A fun Christmas ornament.
5. The shoes that you’ve been eyeing for the wedding, but didn’t want to splurge on.
6. His and Hers champagne flute set for your first toast…and many New Year’s Eves after.
7. A box of cigars that you can share at the wedding.
8. New Jersey pillows for your new home.
9. The Joy of Cooking. We pull it out every year for instructions on how to cook the perfect turkey, ham and filet at all the holidays—and we promise that you will, too!
10. A beautiful cake set to cut the cake at the reception.
11. A silver picture frame monogrammed with your name and wedding date or your soon-to-be married initials.
12. A spa treatment…or two…to deal with the planning stress that’s sure to rear its head. We love DePasquale the Spa in Morris Plains.
13. Fun towels for the kitchen.
14. Personalized wedding countdown blocks.
15. Fun party props for the photo booth at the wedding reception…or to do a test-run on New Year’s Eve!
16. Mr. and Mrs. Pillowcases.
17. Luxurious oversized towels from Boll & Branch in Chatham. They also make some of the comfiest sheets you’ll ever sleep on!
18. Honeymoon fund basket for you to collect spare cash and change all year.
19. Don’t leave anything to chance with the groom’s instruction manual.
20. A gift certificate for a romantic dinner out at your favorite restaurant. A few of our faves include Battello in Jersey City, the Ryland Inn in Whitehouse Station, 90 Acres in Peapack-Gladstone or The Frog and Peach in New Brunswick.
21. Monogrammed stockings.
22. Photo album to keep all of your engagement pictures.
23. A wedding keepsake box.
24. Personalized return address stamp, for all of the thank-yous and correspondence you’ll be mailing out.
25. A special bottle of Dom Perignon that you can enjoy together back in the hotel room alone together after the wedding—or on your one-year anniversary.