Tented Wedding Venues in New Jersey
With indoor-dining restrictions still in effect in New Jersey with no foreseeable end in sight, outdoor tented venues are lookingRead More
There’s something so romantic about getting married outside surrounded by gorgeous gardens.
The fresh air, a green carpet aisle, the sun starting to set, nature’s vibrant colors and the sweet aroma of flowers will surround you and your guests with a setting that can’t be replicated indoors. But we’re not just talking about a small outdoor area that a venue has designated for your ceremony, perhaps with a gazebo, perfectly placed potted plants and a waterfall feature.
When we say gardens, we mean reception venues with acres of planned gardens full of blooming peonies, roses, seasonal flowers, boxwood, lush green lawns, flowering trees and the feeling that you’ve entered your own secret garden. Your ceremony can be held out here—or even your reception under a tent. These locations are for those who are truly envisioning a garden wedding, complete with all that nature has to offer…and maybe even some bees, bugs and birds to boot!
Here are 19 of our favorite locations in New Jersey for your garden wedding!
1. Crossed Keys Estate Andover; Crossed Keys is set on 12 beautifully landscaped acres with a pond and stream, lush meadows and a magnificent grove of tall oak and weeping beech trees. Their English garden has more than 1,000 dahlias on the property. Arrive down a tree-lined drive and hold your reception outdoors under their big white tent or inside in their brand-new ballroom. There’s a fire pit, tree swing, stone cottage with Juliette balcony, five guest rooms, playhouse for an afterparty and a B&B-style country breakfast—all the quintessential makings of a garden wedding.
2. Chimney Hill Estate Lambertville; This estate is surrounded by eight acres of fields, gardens and manicured lawn. Get married under a 100-year-old oak tree, then meander back to the carriage house or tent for your reception for up to 125.
3. Crystal Plaza Livingston; This newly renovated nineteenth-century historic mansion’s ballroom has French doors that open onto a fabulous five-acre immaculate garden, with more than 18,000 new flower bulbs planted each year. The gardens can hold up to 400 guests, and there’s also the option of an outdoor tent.
4. Crystal Springs Resort Sussex County; With four venues to choose from, you’ll have your pick of unique garden, golf course or mountain settings.
5. English Manor Ocean Township; Just two miles from Asbury Park, this classic manor house overlooks a gorgeous backyard garden for ceremonies and cocktail hour. Walk down a stone-tiled aisle flanked by trees and flowers and enjoy the garden’s old-fashioned swing.
6. The Farmhouse, Hampton; This historic 1685 homestead is nestled on more than 10 acres in the rolling hills of Hunterdon County, among towering trees and gardens. Host your ceremony or tented wedding with farm-to-table cuisine for up to 500 on the Great Lawn, surrounded by the lush gardens.
7. Highlawn Pavilion West Orange; Highlawn Pavilion’s unique outdoor garden ceremony area is on a cliffside edge with striking views of New York City. Surrounding this ceremony area is also the 400-plus acres of Eagle Rock Reservation, with countless additional opportunities for outdoor photos.
8 . Inn at Millrace Pond Hope; This 1769 historic inn set on 23 acres of rolling hills offers stone cottages, meandering paths, a wooden footbridge, outdoor garden ceremonies and tented weddings for up to 185. There are also indoor venues and 17 charming guest rooms.
9. Garden Falls, Monroe. Garden Falls offers four reception rooms, accommodating anywhere from 100 to 500 guests, all with indoor waterfalls that complement the natural scenery, making your guests feel like they are outdoors and close to nature. The covered walkways around the lake and the reception rooms protect your guests in case of rain. They can work with your caterer or can make recommendations.
10. The Manor West Orange; In addition to their popular reception spaces, The Manor also offers couples access to an outdoor garden ceremony area, with hand-laid brick walkways lined with flowers, ornate arched trellises and in-ground fountains.
11. Morven Museum and Garden Princeton; This National Historic Landmark and former Governor’s Mansion is set on five pristine acres in the heart of Princeton. Morven’s Colonial Revival Garden, planted in the early 20th century, is a beautiful outdoor space with spring bulbs, phlox throughout the summer and bright fall foliage. The Grand Victorian Front Lawn, with majestic trees and beds of heirloom perennials from the 18th and 19th centuries, can accommodate large groups in a tented area with Morven’s façade as the backdrop.
12. Park Chateau Estate and Gardens East Brunswick;. This premier wedding venue, straight out of a French romance novel, is set on 15 acres and is surrounded by stone courtyards and elaborate gardens. Across from the main house is a charming chapel, with garden also weddings held in the manicured garden alongside the pond. Guests can stay in the newly opened Chateau Grande hotel.
13. Park Savoy Estate Florham Park; Through the doors and windows of the grand ballroom at the Park Savoy are sweeping views of the gardens and landscape outside, which is the perfect setting for your garden ceremony, complete with lavishly manicured grounds, views of the golf course, fountains, courtyards, patios and a fireplace.
14. Peony’s Envy Bernardsville; For peony lovers, Peony’s Envy hosts a limited number of weddings in the heart of the garden each year during the peony bloom, which typically occurs at the beginning of May into early June. The display gardens are laid out over an eight-acre property with trails that meander throughout the peony collections. Can hold up to 200 for ceremonies and receptions; a tent rental is necessary.
15. Pleasantdale Chateau West Orange; Outdoor ceremonies at this exclusive historic French estate are held in a meadow, surrounded by acres of grounds with centuries-old oak trees, streams, ponds, stone walls, majestic plantings, formal gardens, curving walking paths and bridges and charming gazebos.
16. Rat’s Restaurant Hamilton; This gourmet restaurant is on-site at the world-renowned art center Grounds for Sculpture and can accommodate 200 guests overlooking a landscaped lake. Set your ceremony on the enchanting Monet Bridge, a re-creation of painter Claude Monet’s home in Giverny.
17. Sayen House and Gardens Hamilton; Situated in Hamilton Square, Sayen Gardens is the perfect location for Monet lovers, with meditative gardens with flower species from China, Japan and England. There are walking trails, gazebos, a white trellis bridge and pond, and receptions for up to 98 are held in the historic Sayen House.
18. Shadowbrook Shrewsbury. This newly renovated Georgian estate set on 18 acres is surrounded by magnificent gardens, making it an ideal setting for your garden wedding. The outdoor ceremony space is covered, so there’s no need for a backup plan if it rains.
19. The Skylands Manor Ringwood; Located within 1,000 acres of natural woodlands that make up the Skylands, the Skylands Manor offers a number of options for your garden wedding. Get married in private chapel by a lake or in the middle of a tree-lined orchard. There are rolling lawns, verandas, stone terraces and 100 acres of formal botanical gardens, which can accommodate up to 600 for a wedding. There’s also a ballroom and castle for indoor receptions and 24 guest rooms.