Happy Friday, brides! Now that spring has finally sprung, you have absolutely NO excuse to be without plans this weekend (or any weekend, for that matter.)
As much as we understand that you’re tired from a long work week, we really don’t want to see you slumped on the couch by yourself watching Friends reruns yet again. We really, really don’t. Because truthfully, there are SO many exciting things to do over the weekend in New Jersey. And you might as well make a date out of them!
See for yourself; we compiled a list of 14 fabulous weekend plans that are sure to spice up you and your beau’s Saturday and Sunday, STAT.
1. Take a trip to the beach. Just because it’s not quite summer yet doesn’t mean you can’t have a totally enjoyable day down the shore. Take a walk down the Point Pleasant boardwalk, grab lunch at Pier Village in Long Branch or just take a nice long walk on the sand. Life is always better at the beach.
2. Have a cook-off. Get your culinary creativity out in the open on a random Saturday night. One (or both of you–if you’re daring) cook up the meanest meal you know how to make…and pull out all the stops with presentation. We’re talking tablecloth and candles, people!
3. Get your adrenaline pumping at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson. There’s nothing like watching your hubby scream like a girl on the world’s tallest roller coaster (just be sure you buy the picture!)
4. Have a cozy night in. We know you’ve been dying to catch up on your favorite TV shows, so why not make a date out of it? Grab every blanket and pillow you can get your hands on and build a comfy fort right on your living room floor. Add Netflix, a cheap bottle of wine and the finest pizza delivery your area has to offer. Voilà, romance!
5. Go out on the town. Get some friends together for a night of dancing or throw a dinner party at your favorite restaurant. It’s always nice to catch up with old friends!
6. Get brunch. Sundays are ohhh-so much more enjoyable when you roll out of bed at noon and treat yourself to a boozy lunch with your hunny. Keep it local at a diner you love or adventure out to a city like Hoboken that’s chock full of bars that have deals for brunch (some of them including bottomless mimosas or Bloody Mary’s–yum!)
8. Learn. The Liberty Science Center is pretty much the coolest place ever (if you haven’t been, you must go). For an exciting, mind-enhancing day, you could take a trip to one of NJ’s famous museums or even a cozy little bookstore.
9. Book a stay at an adorable B&B. There are tons of them scattered all over the state (like The Wooden Duck B&B of Newton, pictured above.) It might be nice to get away for a bit, unwind and come back refreshed!
10. Hit AC, baby! How long has it been since you played a heated game of poker or owned the blackjack tables? Even if you’re not the gambling type, a trip to the historic Atlantic City Boardwalk (which boasts amazing restaurants, bars, clubs and more) may be just the type of weekend getaway you need.
11. Challenge him to a little one-on-one. While you wouldn’t dream about going to the gym with your hubby (that’s strictly YOU-time) you might be pleasantly surprised to find that working up a sweat together can be fun. Visit your town basketball court, play extreme Frisbee at a nearby park, or even put some money on a game of pool at your nearest dive-bar. A little competition gets your blood flowing, heart pumping, and endorphins bouncing off the walls. Plus, you’ll have a laugh together–and that’s the best.
12. Take a brewery or winery tour. Making wine and beer is just another thing New Jersey is good at. You can attend a tasting or pal-around at Heritage Winery, Old York Cellars or the New Jersey Beer Company, just to name a few.
13. Play strangers while you replay your first date. Have him pick you up at 6:00 sharp for a light dinner and movie (or whatever the scenario was way back when). Even if you’ve been dating for years and are in that comfortable, he-sees-me-do-everything stage, a little role-playing never hurt anybody.
14. Get busy. This one is a no-brainer. Your libido is in this relationship, too! Carve out some time in your busy schedules to get physical–maybe even in an exotic place where you wouldn’t normally get silly–like the car! It’s the weekend, after all. Live a little!