While speaking with a premier New Jersey floral designer, I was captivated by her stories about the painstaking effort thatRead More
Every bride is different. Which means you all have a different idea of what qualifies a hell-of-a-good bachelorette party.
It’s easy for the bridal party, no matter how big or small, to get carried away with the quintessential formula for the night–the bride donned in those familiar bright-colored sashes, crowns and accessories, drinking WAY too many martinis and celebrating scandalously– but that doesn’t mean that’s exactly how she envisioned her last single night with the girls.
The most important thing about the bachelorette party is that the bride has the best possible time celebrating the way she wants to, be that a calm night in or vampy night out. Think about your bride and what she likes to do. And if that doesn’t normally include wearing a flashing Mardi Gras style necklace with lewd hanging charms… then you may want to consider some of these alternatives instead.
1. For the laid-back bride, take a trip to one of the New Jersey wineries. Lots of them provide group wine tastings, apple and pumpkin picking, and live entertainment.
2. The maids and bride-to-be can try their hand at a night of exotic dancing. It’s sexy, fun, and the groom will love the surprising new moves on the honeymoon! Try Exotic Dance Workshops (973-886-6171) based in Montville.
3. Sporting events will never go out of style. And just because it’s girls-only, doesn’t mean you can’t have a rocking time at a baseball, basketball, football or hockey game with the gals. Not to mention, the absolute best part– tailgating!
4. Hit a local comedy club for a few good drinks and jokes. There are a couple spread out all over the garden state– Stress Factory in New Brunswick, Bananas in Hasbrouck Heights and Sarcasm Comedy Club in Cherry Hill, not to mention a whole bunch in NYC.
5. Book a tarot card reading! NJ Tarot will have a psychic, medium or card reader come right to your door for $150 and hour.
6. Learn how to make delicious cocktails in a mixology class! Mix Me Up Bartending School offers a four hour crash course on the most popular cocktails for $89 a person, or two for $125.
7. For the homebody bride or the bride on a budget, an old-fashioned slumber party with your best girlfriends costs next to nothing and almost always yields amazing memories. Just add microwave popcorn ($5), a Redbox movie ($1), and wine of your choosing.
8. Attend a murder mystery show! There’s one right in Jersey City. For $60 you get the interactive experience plus a three-course meal.
9. Dinner and dancing never goes out of style. Take your lovely bride to a little city like Hoboken, where you have tons of restaurants and clubs to choose from.
11. For the bride who takes risks, book a weekend getaway in Atlantic City. For a cheaper option, a game of ladies poker is a safe bet!
12. If your bride is craving a scandalous outing, bring the gals to The Museum of Sex in Manhattan, for an eye-opening night of contagious laughter. Or, the mother-load: a trip to Sin City– Las Vegas, baby! Be sure to check with all bridesmaids far in advance first to be sure they can afford it!
So, how will you celebrate?