Last week, one of my best friends popped the question. I was flattered, surprised and overcome with joy! I knew my answer instantly; I said YES!
The question, of course, was “Will You Be My Bridesmaid?” handwritten on a piece of pretty stationery, preceded with a quote from one of our favorite movies of all time: “You are more beautiful than Cinderella. You smell like pine needles and have a face like sunshine!” – Bridesmaids (2011).
My incredible friend had also put together a special box (adorned with pictures of the two of us) filled with a ring pop, a mini-bottle of bubbly and a personalized thermos. It was my first time being asked to be a bridesmaid, and the amount of thought and care that my friend put into asking me made it all the more special.
It got me thinking, what are some other fun ways to pop the question to your besties? So I searched the internet (okay, mostly Etsy) for the 12 most creative ways to ask “Will You Be My Bridesmaid?” – Here are the top contenders!
1. If your girls live for wine night: Get a set of 5 personalized wine labels at the Classic Wedding Design shoppe on Etsy.
2. Dreaming of a beach wedding? Get your best gals a secret message in a bottle from the Petite25 Etsy shoppe.
3. DIY queens can have fun with this project: Ombre cupcakes in a jar! Learn how to make them here.
4. You’ve dreamed of this day since you were a little girl. Channel your childish enthusiasm with pretty paper dolls! Get them at The First Snow shoppe on Etsy.
5. Subtly remind them of your bachelorette party expectations with this card from Finch and Hare.
6. Make it a game! Custom crossword puzzle cards are available at Cami’s Paperie shoppe on Etsy.
7. Hand deliver her cup of morning coffee with a special message! Photo via mamabrooks.com.
8. For a really cool chick: Crack the egg for a special message! From Little Elephant Crafts.
9. Put a ring on it. A Ring Pop, that is. Get them at the Simply Everyday Me store on Etsy.
10. Tell it like it is! Get this postcard on Zazzle.
11. Give them a sweet treat. Find these cookies at the Connie Sweetie Cookies shop on Etsy.
12. They’ll always cherish this one-of-a-kind bangle from Pure Impressions.
The lesson here: make it personal. You’ve undoubtedly spent hundreds (maybe thousands) of nights with your girlfriends–laughing at funny movies, tossing back some bubbly or talking until the sun comes up–so be sure to bring that personality out in your bridesmaids proposal! It will mean so much since it comes from the heart!
How did you propose to your maids? Tell us in the comment box below!
Pin this image to save it for later!